NATAS ANNOUNCES 2022 DAYTIME EMMY NOMINATIONS
NEW YORK/LOS ANGELES (MAY 5, 2021) – The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) today announced the nominees for the 49th Annual Daytime Emmy® Awards. The Creative Arts & Lifestyle Daytime Emmy Awards will be presented on Saturday, June 18. The Daytime Emmy Awards telecast will be presented live at 9 PM EDT (replay at 9 PM PDT) on Friday, June 24, on the CBS Television Network and streamed on Paramount+.
Categories to be presented are:
- Outstanding Daytime Drama Series
- Outstanding Culinary Series
- Outstanding Game Show
- Outstanding Legal/Courtroom Program
- Outstanding Lifestyle Program
- Outstanding Travel, Adventure and Nature Program
- Outstanding Instructional and How-To Program
- Outstanding Arts and Popular Culture Program
- Outstanding Informative Talk Show
- Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show
- Outstanding Entertainment News Series
- Outstanding Daytime Special
- Outstanding Short Form Daytime Program
- Outstanding Interactive Media for a Daytime Program
- Outstanding Daytime Promotional Announcement
- Outstanding Lead Performance in a Daytime Drama Series: Actress
- Outstanding Lead Performance in a Daytime Drama Series: Actor
- Outstanding Supporting Performance in a Drama Series: Actress
- Supporting Performance in a Drama Series: Actor
- Outstanding Younger Performer in a Drama Series
- Outstanding Guest Performance in a Drama Series
- Outstanding Culinary Host
- Outstanding Game Show Host
- Outstanding Informative Talk Show Host
- Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host
- Outstanding Daytime Program Host
- Outstanding Writing Team for a Drama Series
- Outstanding Writing Team for a Daytime Non-Fiction Series or Special
- Outstanding Directing Team for a Drama Series
- Outstanding Directing Team for a Single Camera Daytime Non-Fiction Program
- Outstanding Directing Team for a Multiple Camera Daytime Non-Fiction Program
- Outstanding Music Direction and Composition
- Outstanding Original Song
- Outstanding Lighting Direction
- Outstanding Technical Team, Camera Work, Video
- Outstanding Cinematography
- Outstanding Single Camera Editing
- Outstanding Multiple Camera Editing
- Outstanding Live Sound Mixing and Sound Editing
- Outstanding Sound Mixing and Sound Editing
- Outstanding Main Title and Graphic Design
- Outstanding Casting
- Outstanding Art Direction/Set Decoration/Scenic Design
- Outstanding Costume Design/Styling
- Outstanding Hairstyling
- Outstanding Makeup
- Outstanding Special Effects Costumes, Makeup and Hairstyling
The June 24th telecast will mark the 16th time CBS has broadcast the Daytime Emmys®, more than any other network. The Creative Arts and Lifestyle Emmy ceremony will stream live at 9 PM ET/6 PM PT on Saturday, June 18 at watch.TheEmmys.tv and via The Emmys apps for iOS, tvOS, Android, FireTV, and Roku (full list at apps.theemmys.tv). The final determination of categories presented on the CBS broadcast vs. Creative Arts ceremony will be announced closer to the respective airdates.
The Daytime Emmy Awards have recognized outstanding achievement in television programming and crafts since 1974, honoring work in a variety of categories, including daytime dramas, talk shows, instructional programming, hosting, and legal/courtroom programs. In 2021, the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) and the Television Academy jointly announced plans to realign the Daytime and Primetime Emmy Awards to be organized by content genre, as opposed to program airtime. In addition, in recognition of the marked increase in content and entries for children’s programming, 2022 will mark the first annual Children’s & Family Emmy Awards, with relevant categories separating from the Daytime Emmys into their own competition and ceremony.
All awards are judged by a pool of more than 1,000 peer professionals from across the television industry, whose confidential ballots were then tabulated by the independent accounting firm of Lutz & Carr, LLP.
The 49TH ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY AWARDS is produced by NATAS and Associated Television International (ATI), which produced Daytime Emmy Award ceremonies on The CW in 2009 and on CBS in 2010, 2011, 2020 and 2021. Adam Sharp and Steve Ulrich are executive producers from NATAS, while David McKenzie is executive producer from ATI.
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS) is a service organization dedicated to the advancement of the arts and sciences of television and the promotion of creative leadership for artistic, educational, and technical achievements within the television industry. It recognizes excellence in television with the coveted Emmy Awards for News & Documentary, Sports, Daytime, and Children’s & Family programming, as well as achievements in television Technology & Engineering.
NATAS membership consists of more than 18,000 broadcast and media professionals represented in 19 regional chapters across the country. Beyond awards, NATAS has extensive educational programs including regional student television and its Student Award for Excellence and the National Student Production Awards for outstanding journalistic work by high school students, as well as scholarships, publications, and major activities for both industry professionals and the viewing public.
Paul Pillitteri, NATAS
B. Harlan Boll, NATAS PR