Children's & Family Emmys Information
Congratulations on being a nominee for The 2nd Annual Children's & Family Emmy Awards! This landing page summarizes all information AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE. Information is also being emailed. Please come back often.
For each topic, we ask that you pay attention to three things.
1) WHEN is the information due? Deadlines are being STRICTLY enforced.
2) HOW is the information being collected? It may be via email and it may be via Google Form. Not all information is being collected in the same way.
3) WHO is collecting the information? If it's via email, different members of the team are responsible for different tasks. This is an unprecedented year with so many ceremonies and events in one weekend. We need your help in guaranteeing communication is going where it needs to go!
Save the Date(s)! The nominees will be celebrated at two ceremonies:
All Ceremonies at Westin Bonaventure – Downtown Los Angeles
IMPORTANT!!! STOP AND READ!!! EMMY ENTRANTS/CONTACTS - IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO COMMUNICATE THE INFORMATION DIRECTLY TO YOUR NOMINEES!!!!
We do not have a way of contacting each individual nominee - you should be sending them information regarding ticketing, category breakdown, etc!
IMMEDIATE INFORMATION NEEDED
- The deadline for correcting Program names, Network names, and providing Performer pronunciations is now closed.
- If you have corrections in these three areas, please give them to Rachel at email@example.com but it is TOO LATE TO BE INCORPORATED INTO THE VOICEOVER AND LOWER-THIRD GRAPHICS PACKAGES. These changes will be reflected in the press release only.
CATEGORY BREAKDOWN FOR CEREMONIES
CREATIVE ARTS - SATURDAY, DECEMBER 16TH AT 8PM PACIFIC
*Not in show order
|21||Writing for a Preschool or Children's Program|
|22||Writing for a Young Teen Program|
|24||Writing for a Children's or Young Teen Animated Program|
|25||Directing for a Single Camera Live Action Program|
|27||Directing for a Preschool Animated Program|
|28||Directing for an Animated Program|
|29||Voice Directing for an Animated Series|
|30||Music Direction and Composition for a Live Action Program|
|31||Music Direction and Composition for an Animated Program|
|32||Original Song for a Preschool Program|
|33||Original Song for a Children's or Young Teen Program|
|35||Cinematography for a Single Camera Live Action Program|
|36||Cinematography for a Multiple Camera Live Action Program|
|37||Editing for a Single Camera Live Action Program|
|38||Editing for a Multiple Camera Live Action Program|
|39||Editing for a Preschool Animated Program|
|40||Editing for an Animated Program|
|41||Sound Mixing and Sound Editing for a Live Action Program|
|42||Sound Mixing and Sound Editing for a Preschool Animated Program|
|43||Sound Mixing and Sound Editing for an Animated Program|
|44||Lighting, Camera and Technical Arts|
|45||Visual Effects for a Live Action Program|
|46||Casting for a Live Action Program|
|47||Casting for an Animated Program|
|48||Art Direction/Set Decoration/Scenic Design|
|50||Hairstyling and Makeup|
|51||Puppet Design and Styling|
CHILDREN'S & FAMILY EMMYS - SUNDAY, DECEMBER 17TH AT 5PM PACIFIC
*Not in show order
|2||Children's or Family Viewing Series|
|3||Young Teen Series|
|6||Preschool Animated Series|
|7||Children's or Young Teen Animated Series|
|9||Short Form Program|
|12||Public Service Initiative|
|13||Lead Performance in a Preschool, Children's or Young Teen Program|
|14||Supporting Performance in a Preschool, Children's, or Young Teen Program|
|15||Younger Performer in a Preschool, Children's or Young Teen Program|
|17||Voice Performance in a Preschool Program|
|18||Voice Performance in a Children's or Young Teen Program|
|19||Younger Voice Performance in a Preschool, Children's or Young Teen Program|
|23||Writing for a Preschool Animated Program|
|26||Directing for a Multiple Camera Live Action Program|
|54A||Individual Achievement in Animation - Background Design|
|54B||Individual Achievement in Animation - Character Animation|
|54C||Individual Achievement in Animation - Character Design|
|54D||Individual Achievement in Animation - Color|
|54E||Individual Achievement in Animation - Production Design|
|54F||Individual Achievement in Animation - Storyboard|
Tickets will be on sale beginning WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 8th at 3pm Eastern via our ticketing portal at theemmys.tv/cafe/tickets.
Ticketing is being handled directly by our crackerjack ticket team, who are available at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email them directly with questions regarding ticketing and seating!!!
- Creative Arts - $450 (includes dinner)
- Children's & Family Emmys - $600 (includes Trustees' Ball afterparty)
THERE ARE NO NOMINEE COMPS TO EITHER EVENT. ALL NOMINEES WISHING TO ATTEND MUST PURCHASE TICKETS.
Both Children's shows are operating with ticketing allocations whereby you are allowed a certain number of tickets based on your number of nominations. The allocations are as follows:
- Saturday - Creative Arts - 2 TICKETS PER NOMINATION
- Sunday - CAFE Emmys - 7 TICKETS PER NOMINATION
These are allocations PER NOMINATION AND NOT PER NOMINEE - meaning if you are nominated in Sound Editing, even if there are 6 individual nominees as per our press release, you are entitled to buy only 2 tickets to represent this nomination.
It is up to the entity to determine how tickets are distributed - e.g. for an acting category, you are entitled to buy 7 tickets but may only need 2. You can purchase the additional 5 and redistribute internally.
The deadline to purchase your ALLOCATED NUMBER OF TICKETS IS WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 22nd.
Beyond that, ticketing will remain open until FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1st to address any additional requests beyond allocations, which will be assessed on a first come, first serve basis as space allows. Both events last year were completely sold out.
All seating is LOCKED IN as of FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8th. NO EXCEPTIONS. NO CHANGES TO SEATING AFTER THIS DATE!
Our full press release is now available: https://theemmys.tv/cafe-2nd-nominations/ (click on "Download the full press release with names"). This list reflects the individual names of all people officially recognized as Emmy nominees - congratulations! The press release includes a cover sheet containing information on how to submit credit changes. Key takeaways:
You have until FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17th to submit any changes gratis.
After that, it's $150 fee per change through JANUARY 19th.
We do not accept ANY changes for any reason more than 30 days after the ceremony.
To submit changes - inclusive of misspellings, additions, new titles - email Brent at email@example.com with the CATEGORY NAME, PROGRAM NAME, and CHANGE(S). If you are adding a new person for a Series, you must specify their number of episodes.
Google Sheet to submit info: acceptor-info.theemmys.tv
- Acceptors are being collected via Google Form ONLY.
- You must fill in the name of the Acceptor for each category you are nominated in. ACCEPTORS ARE DUE BY DECEMBER 1ST - DROP DEAD, NO EXCEPTIONS. If you have a change in Acceptor or an addition to the acceptors after December 1st, you must still alert us but this individual will NOT BE GETTING VOICEOVER OR LOWER-THIRD GRAPHICS IN THE EVENT OF A WIN.
- ONE ACCEPTOR PER CATEGORY. Multiple people can go onstage but ONLY ONE SPEAKER IS ALLOWED.
- Please keep acceptance speeches to 30 SECONDS.
- If your category has no acceptor, you must still fill out the form and check the No Acceptor box.
Google Sheet to submit info: https://forms.gle/P3oUG9jfKNdCzgL5A
- This is being collected via Google Form only.
- We require a music license for nominees in the following categories: Music Composition x 2, Song x 2, Choreography. The license you signed at the beginning of the competition covers the visual portion of these clips but NOT the music. This form is REQUIRED to be completed by FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17th or we will remove the audio from your clips.
- This information will result in a music license being sent to the AUTHORIZED SIGNER who can legally gives us the in-perpetuity rights for the music.
RED CARPET CREDENTIALS REQUESTS
Google Form to request credentials: https://forms.gle/d1dtX7KL6KcGGehG7
- Credentials requests are only being accepted via Google Form
- Requests are not confirmed until you receive confirmation!
- For any additional red carpet questions, please reach out to Lara Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org.